On a recent visit to Camp Wilderness Sunrise, we were going on an early morning family jog up Country Club Road, adjacent to the Camp. This is the road that leads to the Tupper Lake Golf Club, winter snowshoeing trails and Big Tupper Ski Area. I noticed a sign for “Adirondack Connections Guide Service” and decided to do some research. I have dreamed of offering suggestions for guided trips in the area beyond the paddling trips available through Raquette River Outfitters (that I’ve mentioned in the past; they’re great and have kayak, canoe & SUP rentals and sales), since so many of our guests are outdoorsy and travelling from far away for an authentic Adirondack experience. Here’s what I found out:
- Adirondack Connections Guide Service was founded by Lynn Malerba in 2002. (Fun fact: Mrs. Malerba was my high school PE teacher! She’s awesome, you’re in good hands.).
- They offer trips year-round, pre-designed and custom.
- Fall trips include fun things like day paddles, pond-hopping hike & paddle trips, paddle camping, day hikes, backpacking, GPS and navigation courses.
- Winter trips include adventures like winter camping (even for beginners!) and snowshoe trips.
- Spring events include a Women’s Paddle Weekend and Hornbeck Boat Demo Weekend.
- Summer trips include day paddles, day hikes, paddle camping and more.
One of these trips would be a great way to enhance or extend your stay with us in the Adirondacks.